Culture and Kingdom is a podcast that discusses contemporary Western culture in light of the Kingdom of God. Chris Martin & David Mikucki ask and attempt to answer the question of how Christians individually and the church as a whole should respond to trending topics in our culture.
Description: We start off talking about Chris’s favorite blogs for keeping up with Christian culture. After that, things get more serious as we talk about the issues surrounding the Charlie Hebdo attack: the worldview involved, the tactics of secularism, and whether or not Christians should use satire. Below are some links we talk about:
- Chris’s Favorite Christian Blogs
- Charlie Hebdo Comics (Warning: Really Offensive and Inappropriate)
- Things Mentioned:
Description: In this episode, Chris and David talk read some listener reviews and discuss the following topics:
- Our favorite Christmas songs
- Youth Leaders on Snapchat/Instagram
- Civil and Church Separation on Marriage (Related to this article from Lifeway Research)
Recorded on December 9th, 2014
Description: In this episode, Chris and David keep things short and talk about Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Chris made mention of this parade-related video.
Episode recorded on November 23rd, 2014
Description: In this episode Chris and David continue getting to know each other and talk about the following:
- Christians on Social Media (based on this research)
- Article: The Case for Idolatry
- Awkward Moments in Church History: Three Too Many Popes
Recorded on November 12th, 2014
Description: In this episode, Chris and David spend way too much time on introductions, then discuss the following topics:
- Tips to help you read more
- Should Christians read Harry Potter?
- David’s microphone flips out and makes him sound like a robot.
- Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?
- David cites Deuteronomy 17, but meant Deuteronomy 18
- Awkward Moments in Church History: Martin Luther – Tortured Soul with Tortured Bowels
Recorded on November 6th, 2014
Description: In this episode, David and Chris get to know each other and discuss a handful of articles. Recorded on October 14th.
- The Pumpkin Spice Latte and Our Craving for Season
- Lazy Cultural Engagement
- 3 Things More Relevant than the Gospel
- Called to Speak ‘Freakish’ Truth